HCS/ICF & IDD Programs
Specialized Dental Care for Unique Patients: Tailoring Services to Meet the Needs of IDD Adults
At Enable Dental, we understand that individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) require specialized dental care that acknowledges their unique needs. Our services are designed not just to treat dental issues but to do so in a way that is most comfortable and effective for IDD adults.
- Personalized Approach: Every patient is different, and we pride ourselves on taking the time to understand each individual’s specific needs, preferences, and medical history. This personalized approach ensures that our dental care aligns perfectly with each patient’s unique requirements.
- Flexible Scheduling and Environment Adaptation: We offer extended appointment times, allowing for a relaxed, unrushed atmosphere that is crucial for patients who may need more time to acclimate to dental procedures. Our portable dental units are designed to create a familiar and calming environment in group homes or other residential settings, reducing anxiety associated with unfamiliar clinical spaces.
- Behavioral Management Integration: We work hand-in-hand with caregivers and clinical staff to incorporate behavioral management strategies into our dental care. This includes using familiar routines, comfort items, or specific communication techniques to ensure a positive and stress-free dental experience.
- Gentle Sedation Options: While our goal is to provide dental care without sedation whenever possible, we are prepared to facilitate gentle sedation options when necessary. Our team coordinates with local specialists to provide sedation in a safe and controlled manner, always prioritizing the patient’s comfort and well-being.
- Comprehensive Dental Services: From routine cleanings and check-ups to more complex dental procedures, we offer a full range of services. This includes preventive care, restorative treatments, and even cosmetic dentistry, all tailored to the specific needs of IDD adults.
- Education and Prevention: We believe in empowering our patients and their caregivers with knowledge about oral health. Our team provides educational resources and practical tips for maintaining good dental hygiene, tailored to the capabilities and understanding of each patient.
- Ongoing Support and Follow-Up: Dental care for IDD adults doesn’t end with the procedure. We ensure ongoing support, monitoring oral health progress, and providing regular follow-up care as needed. This continuous engagement helps in maintaining optimal oral health and preventing future dental issues.
Regular dental exams are a critical part of preventive health care. During a dental exam, the dentist or hygienist will clean your teeth and check for cavities and gum disease.
Teeth cleaning is a procedure for the removal of tartar that may develop even with careful brushing and flossing, especially in areas that are difficult to reach in routine toothbrushing.
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Two types of dentures are available – complete and partial dentures.
Fillings typically used to treat cavities, as well as to repair cracked or broken teeth and teeth that have been worn down. A dentist will remove the decayed portion of the tooth and then “fill” the area where material was removed.
X-rays help the Dentist diagnose accurately and allow them to see things that they may not be able to see with the naked eye.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth – to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance. A crown fully encases the entire visible portion of a tooth.
A dental bridge typically consists of two crowns placed on abutment teeth or implants on either side of a gap in the mouth, in addition to a pontic that joins the two crowns and fills the gap.
There are a number of reasons why tooth extraction may be necessary. It typically involves a tooth that is too badly damaged by trauma or decay to be repaired.
Root canal therapy is a treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or infected. It is usually performed when the nerves or blood vessels in the tooth become damaged.
A night guard is a plastic dental appliance that fits over the top teeth. Without a night guard, enamel can be worn down excessively, leading to tooth sensitivity.
Daily brushing and cleaning between your teeth is important because it removes plaque. If the plaque isn’t removed, it continues to build up, causing tooth decay and gum disease.
We pride ourselves in being able to bring the dentist office to you. We are able to do most treatments that are performed in a traditional office, but now it will be in the comfort of your own home.
Dental care still largely depends on a traditional, brick and mortar model, which does not serve a significant portion of the American population well.
Of U.S. seniors are keeping their teeth longer than they did in the past.
Of 65-74 year-olds reported opting for foods that are easier to chew due to dental problems, which are associated with weight loss and malnutrition.
Number of seniors with untreated cavities.
Of seniors experience gum disease.
What We Do
Enable Dental provides portable dentistry to under-served patients at scale.
Full-service, traveling clinical teams
Dentists, hygienists, assistants
Military-grade portable dental equipment
Scale enabled by technology
100% cloud-based processes and tools
Opportunity to integrate with EHR
Patient Centered Care
Responsive to preferences and needs
In-house care coordination
Dental Solution For All Communities & Facilities
- Improve Quality Of Life And Health Outcomes
- Management Of Routine Preventative Dental Visits
- Eliminate Or Reduce Transportation Costs To Dental Appointments
- Experienced Dental Professionals With Holistic Approach To Tailor Treatment Plan To A Patient’s Life Circumstances